We are looking for a Backend Developer to strengthen our team in Amsterdam who will also work with other team members in Kuala Lumpur. You will handle day-to-day operations such as feature enhancements, bug fixes, minor third party integrations and adding documentation for proper handover. You will also engage in troubleshooting alongside reliable team members in line with business decisions. Check out if you are a fit for Sam Media and have the following skills/experience:
What will you be doing?
- Write clean and well-designed code
- Produce detailed documentation of released features
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Follow industry best practices
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary
- Automate tasks when necessary
What do we expect from you?
- Proven at least 3 years of software development experience in PHP
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science
- Understanding of OOP and SOLID concepts
- Good knowledge of databases (AWS Aurora/AWS Redshift/MongoDB)
- Experienced using version control tools (Gitlab)
- Experienced in integrating third-party APIs using JSON/SOAP/XML
- Working knowledge of writing unit-tests
- Passion for writing clean code
What do we offer?
- We offer a competitive salary and an attractive bonus scheme
- We have an informal, fun and multicultural working environment
- Personal development, learning and growth is integrated in our culture, you have the freedom and the budget to travel, attend conferences, workshops and training
- You will have the opportunity to test your ideas with hundreds of thousands of users in real-time and learn from them
- We organize many company-sponsored activities including an annual company retreat
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.