We are looking for a Senior Backend Developer that will join our team in Kuala Lumpur, but will also work with colleagues and clients in other parts of the world. Check out if you are a fit for Sam Media and have the following skills/experience:
What will you need?
- Three or more years of experience as a back-end developer and proficient in server-side programming languages.
- You have experience in application design, thinking in terms of architecture and know-how to identify and explain pros and cons of a technical solution.
- You have experience in building distributed and highly scalable systems including REST APIs and event-driven architectures.
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, and established experience in designing, developing and maintaining software projects with high business impact.
- You have strong knowledge about modelling data, database design using relational databases and can create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- You are resilient and tolerant of change in ambiguous situations and find ways to approach challenges from multiple perspectives.
- You have worked on challenging large-scale projects, taking full ownership of at least a subset of their functionalities, enabling communication with stakeholders.
- You encourage best practices in writing thoroughly-tested code, performing accurate and constructive code reviews, and coaching peers.
- You use an organised and logical approach to finding solutions to complex problems and look beyond the obvious to understand the root cause of problems and propose several possible solutions.
- You have a deep understanding of all stages of application development and how it contributes to the end product.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills and are able to validate your decisions and communicate them clearly.
What you will do
- Develop functional and sustainable applications.
- Write clean, high-quality, high-performance, maintainable code and integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic.
- Help shape our technical roadmap as we scale our services and build new products.
- Optimise applications for efficient resource utilisation.
- Develop ideas for new projects, products, or features by following industry standards and trends.
- Collaborate with other team members to design applications to meet business objectives.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure to apply software development best practices.
- Participate in technical hiring interviews with an aim of attracting and hiring the best developers.
- Enhance the technical team environment through improved tooling, streamlining processes, and work across product boundaries.
- You will work with the existing technologies: mainly with PHP in an environment that’s using Amazon Web Services, Docker, RabbitMQ, Redis, AWS Aurora (MySQL/ PostgreSQL), AWS Redshift.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.